If you or someone you know is facing homelessness over the holiday season help is available. If you are a Homes Tasmania tenant and have a maintenance emergency you can also get help.
Housing help during the holiday season
If you or someone you know is experiencing family or sexual violence and need urgent assistance phone the police on Triple Zero (000) or the Family Violence Response and Referral Line on 1800 633 937.
Housing Connect is Tasmania’s one stop shop for housing assistance and it is there to help over the holiday season, 24 hours, seven days a week.
Emergency accommodation and material support is available for people in a housing crisis. It may include a shelter placement (in crisis or transitional accommodation); brokered accommodation in a hotel, motel or caravan park; or an overnight bed in a Safe Space facility.
Emergency accommodation is available for young people, women with or without children, men with or without children and families.
If you or someone you know is homeless or at risk of homelessness, please contact Housing Connect on 1800 800 588.
Housing Connect offices will be closed to face-to-face appointments as follows:
- Rosny office, suite 3 and 4, 13 Bayfield Street will be closed from 5pm, Friday 23 December and reopen on Tuesday, 3 January 2023.
- Hobart office, level 3, 181 Collins Street will be closed on public holidays only.
- Launceston office, 118 Elizabeth Street will be closed on public holidays only.
- Devonport office, 31 King Street will be closed on public holidays only.
- Burnie office, 51 Wilmot Street will be closed for public holidays only.
- Smithton office, Wyndarra Centre, 43 Smith Street will be closed from 5pm, Friday 23 December and reopen on Tuesday, 3 January 2023.
If tenants of Homes Tasmania need urgent maintenance works, they can contact Homes Tasmania on 1300 665 663.
Back to news and announcements