If you don’t have anywhere to sleep tonight

Call Housing Connect, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 800 588.

Are you at risk of homelessness or in need of housing assistance?

Call Housing Connect on 1800 800 588, Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5 pm.

Or visit a Housing Connect office.

Are you escaping family violence?

If it is an emergency, call Tasmania Police on 000 or

Family Violence Response and Referral Line on 1800 633 937.

Housing and support for people in need

Housing Connect is the entry point for assistance for people who are experiencing homelessness or are in housing need. Housing Connect provides support and assistance for people who need crisis accommodation through to a long-term home.

Housing Connect can help you with:

  • applying for social housing and supported accommodation
  • private rental assistance products, such as bond and rent arrears
  • seeking assistance following family violence, including rapid rehousing
  • finding a bed for the night, including referral to shelters and brokerage
  • support and advice on how to stay in your home
  • information and advice on your housing options and other housing assistance.

Improvements to Housing Connect

From 1 July 2024, Tasmanians will have better access to housing assistance with improvements to Housing Connect.

There are four major changes under the new service model:

  1. More ways and places for people to get the help they need to find, and keep, safe, affordable  and appropriate housing.
  2. Services and supports that are shaped for each person’s individual circumstances and life stage – young people, single people, families (with or without children) and older people.
  3. Actions to increase the range of housing assistance options.
  4. Skilled and supported staff delivering an Advantaged Thinking approach to providing support to people seeking help.

If you are currently receiving support from Housing Connect, see the fact sheet explaining how the changes may affect you.

Contact Housing Connect

Call Housing Connect on 1800 800 588 or visit one of their offices, which are open weekdays, 9 am – 5 pm.

South Hobart Colony 47, Level 3, 181 Collins Street
North Launceston Anglicare, 122 Elizabeth Street
North-West Devonport Anglicare, 31 King Street
Burnie Anglicare, 51 Wilmot Street
Smithton Wyndarra Centre, 43 Smith Street
Monday: 1pm – 4pm
Tuesday – Friday: 10:30am – 12:30pm, 1:30pm – 3:30pm  

Connecting you to support

Housing Connect can refer you to support if you need more help to find and keep a home.

Read more about Housing Connect assistance and the services that are available to help you.

More information

Are you in need of housing assistance? Find more information on our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Read more about the major changes under Housing Connect 2.0.

Are you a housing, homelessness or support service provider? Find more information on our Information for Partners page.

Parliamentarian consent form

If you are representing a constituent in relation to services provided by Housing Connect, please use the below consent form as part of your enquiry.

Parliamentarian consent form