Housing Connect may be able to help if you are having trouble paying your rent, bond or moving costs. Private rental financial assistance is only available to people who can show that they need it.

You will need to provide information to Housing Connect so they can assess you.

They will ask you to provide information that shows that you:

  • live in Tasmania, not another state or territory
  • are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • are 16 years or older
  • are a low income earner who is eligible to keep a Commonwealth Health Care Card
  • do not have assets that could be used to meet your housing needs.

If you are a member of a household, all household income will be considered when Housing Connect assess you for financial assistance.

Housing Connect can give financial assistance once every 12 months.

Contact Housing Connect

Housing Connect offices are open from 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday.

Find out where you can find your closest Housing Connect office.

You can call Housing Connect on 1800 800 588, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.