Supported accommodation program

Homes Tasmania leases properties to non-government organisations (NGOs) to provide supported accommodation programs.

Which NGOs can apply?

Properties are leased to NGOs to accommodate people with specific needs, including people who:

  • are homeless or at risk of homelessness
  • are unable to maintain a tenancy in their own right
  • require high-level personal or living support that isn’t provided in social housing or private accommodation, such as people living with disability, people affected by mental illness, and children and young people who are at risk.

To be eligible, an NGO must be a not-for-profit incorporated entity, registered organisation, corporation or registered charity.

NGOs that would like to make an application should contact their local Program Support Officer at Homes Tasmania to discuss their proposal. Contact details and more information is available in the fact sheet Applying to lease a property for supported accommodation.

We will send you the ‘Application for Supported Accommodation from Homes Tasmania’ form if you are eligible to apply.

Property owners who would like to rent a property to an eligible person should refer to the Private Rental Incentive or Rapid Rehousing programs.